Daybreak follows the story of "17-year-old high school outcast Josh searching for his missing girlfriend Sam in post-apocalyptic Glendale, California. Joined by a ragtag group of misfits including a pyromaniac 10-year-old Angelica and Josh’s former high school bully Wesley, now turned pacifist samurai, Josh tries to stay alive amongst the horde of Mad Max-style gangs (evil jocks, cheerleaders turned Amazon warriors), zombie-like creatures called Ghoulies, and everything else this brave new world throws at him."
- Colin Ford as Josh Wheeler
- Alyvia Alyn Lind as Angelica
- Sophie Simnett as Samaira Dean
- Austin Crute as Wesley Fists
- Gregory Kasyan as Eli Cardashyan
- Krysta Rodriguez as Ms. Crumble
- Cody Kearsley as Turbo Bro Jock
- Jeanté Godlock as Mona Lisa
- Matthew Broderick as Burr
- Aron Eli Coleite (co-creator / showrunner / executive Producer)
- Brad Peyton (co-creator / director / executive producer)
- Jeff Fierson (NW / EP)
- Ira Madison III (writer)
- Michael J. Malone (producer)
- On July 26, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a ten-episode first season. Aron Eli Coleite was set to serve as showrunner for the series. The series is created by Brad Peyton and Coleite who are credited as executive producers alongside Jeff Fierson. ASAP Entertainment will be involved in the production of the series.
- In October 2018, it was announced that Matthew Broderick would star in the series. In the same month, it was reported that Colin Ford, Alyvia Alyn Lind, Sophie Simnett, Austin Crute, Gregory Kasyan, Krysta Rodriguez, Cody Kearsley and Jeante Godlock joined the cast.
- Principal photography for the first season took place on location in Albuquerque, New Mexico from November 2018 to April 2019.
External Links Edit
- ↑ https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/daybreak-canceled-netflix-1203443824/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/AronColeite/status/1206789314299875328/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1206789314299875328&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvariety.com%2F2019%2Ftv%2Fnews%2Fdaybreak-canceled-netflix-1203443824%2F
- ↑ - Netflix announces irreverent apocalypse dramedy Daybreak
- ↑ - Netflix dramedy Daybreak rounds out cast of Glendale High School